IN-HOME MEDICAL CARE
California's only non-profit pediatric home health agency.
- Pediatric Home Care Nursing:
- When a child comes home from the hospital, our nurses are there to offer skilled care such as blood draws, medication management, weight checks and support to parent caregivers – ensuring maximum comfort and progress toward health objectives for our pediatric patients. Our licensed nurses are available 24/7 to respond to questions and provide integrated care for children in the comfort and convenience of their homes.
- Infusion Nursing:
- Receiving infusion care at home can ease families’ stress of dealing with serious illness or a medical complexity. For children, it means fewer trips to outpatient appointments, less time in the hospital and more time where they want to be – at home. Coastal Kids offers infusion therapy in Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Benito and south Santa Clara Counties. Our pediatric nurses are experienced in IV antibiotics, IV nutrition and other specialized infusion services.
- Physical/Occupational Therapy:
- Coastal Kids Home Care Pediatric Physical and Occupational therapists provide in-home therapy to help children with developmental delays or congenital conditions to improve their cognitive, physical and motor skills and ability to handle day-to-day tasks at home and school independently. We currently provide Physical Therapy in Monterey and San Benito County and Occupational Therapy in Santa Clara County.
Coastal Kids was founded based on the idea that children deserve high-quality home health care and that this service could be offered with very low overhead. Although the majority of the agency's patients are from families living at or below the poverty line, we are proud to say that Coastal Kids Home Care has never turned a child or family away for inability to pay—and we never want to. Thanks to our grants, event sponsorships, private donations, and tireless hours from staff, Coastal Kids has provided more than 64,000 in-home visits to 8,700 children.